India’s Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., part of the $19.4 billion Mahindra Group unveiled the All-New Thar, the eagerly awaited SUV in India.
The All-New Thar is powered by two all-new engines. A first for Thar and Mahindra, the All-New Thar is powered by the 2.0L mStallion TGDi petrol engine, and by the 2.2L mHawk Diesel engine. These engines are offered with a choice of 6-speed manual transmission or 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission, with an authentic 4×4 manual shift transfer case with a low ratio.
Thar has an all-new suspension setup that delivers better off-roading capability, as well as superior on-road handling and drive quality. The All-New Thar is also equipped with advanced off-road hardware that seriously improves its capability to go wherever and do whatever the driver demands of it.
Thar is technology loaded with Touchscreen Infotainment System with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, USB, Navigation, TFT Multi Information Display in the Instrument Cluster, Tyre Direction Monitoring System and equipped with a excellent range of active & passive safety features including Dual Airbags & ABS, Hill Hold & Hill Descent Control, Built-in Roll-cage with 3-Point Seat belts for all passengers and ESP with Rollover Mitigation.
Thar’s interior is designed to provide comfort & convenience in all driving conditions, be they off-road, on the highway or in the city.
– Independent Front Suspension & Multi-Link Rear Suspension set-up
– Shift-on-the-Fly 4×4 Manual Shift Transfer Case
– Mechanical Locking Differential on the Rear Axle
– Brake Locking Differential
– Water wading depth of 650mm
– Engine: 2.0L / 2.2L (Diesel)
– Power: 150hp / 130hp (Diesel)
– Torque: 320Nm / 320Nm (Diesel)
– Transmission: 6-Speed Manual / 6-Speed Automatic